Unlike Custom Reports, Advanced Reports are not workflow specific. They include all workflows and customers by default. Advanced Reports can be viewed by selecting specific filters from the filter panel as shown below:
Provide a Report Name to view a specific report, specify the Report Type from the drop-down menu- it could be 'By Work Order' or 'By Transport Document', specify a user name in the Modified By field to see all reports modified by a particular user. Click on the 'Search' button to see the list of reports that match the filter selection.
A sample display of advanced reports is given below:
Click on the 'Create' button to create a new advanced report. The following window pops up:
- Provide a name for the advanced report in the Report Name field. This name can be descriptive of the workflow.
- Select a Report Type from the drop-down list. It can be either 'By Work Order' or 'By Transport Document'.
- Select a History of report from the drop-down list. It can be 'No History', 'Sent Only' or 'Sent or Previewed'.
- The new report is set to active by default. A report can be de-activated later if required.
- Select Restricted checkbox if you want the report to be restricted.(Restricted Report can only be viewed by the user creating the report and SysAdmins)
- Click on the 'Create' button.
Click on the Pencil icon to modify report name, history or status as shown below:
The page will disappear as mentioned:
Make the desired changes and click on 'Save' report.
Click on the mentioned icon to create a copy of this report. This copies the report fields along with the subscriptions to the new report.
Click on mentioned icon to delete a report. A confirmation window pops up. Click on the 'Delete' button to confirm the deletion.
Once the report is created, looks as below:
Click on the 'Add Field' button under Fields to add to this report. The following dialog box is displayed:
- Select a Source. The source is the location from where the export field will be extracted. It can be extracted from Header, Events, Data, Asset, Delay Tracking, KPIs, Custom Columns.
- Select a Field. This is the field name to be extracted from the specified Source. If Events or Data is selected in the source, then provide the event or data code for the event.
- Provide a Field Name. This is the actual name used in the report, it can be similar to or descriptive of the Field Name.
- Specify the Alignment for this column. It can either be left, right, or center.
- Select the Separator type if required. It can either be Group or Sheet. Select Group if you want to group data as per this field. Select Sheet if you want to completely separate the tables as per this field.
- Provide a Sort Priority. There are 3 levels of sort priority that can be provided by the user.
- Select Wrap Data if the contents of this field should allow wrapping when too long.
- Click on the 'Create' button to add this field to the report.
- Repeat steps for adding as many fields as required.
The fields once created, look as below:
Fields are displayed in a report in the order of their creation. This order can be changed by dragging
icon up or down. Hover over icon for any field to modify or delete it.
In the subscriptions tab, click on the 'Create' button under Subscriptions to add new subscriptions for this report.
- Provide a Subscription Title for this subscription.
- Select the Delivery Mode from the drop-down list. It can be Email, FTP or Web API.
- If you select FTP, you need to provide FTP Server URL and its User/ Password.
- If you select Web API, you need to provide API Post URL.
- Type in a customized message for the recipients of this subscription in the Custom Message box.
- Select the format in which the report will be sent in the Report Type drop-down list. It can be PDF, CSV, HTML, XML or MS-Excel.
- If you select PDF, it gives you a drop-down list to select the Form Template.
- If you select HTML, you can select the Report Options and Highlight Events/Data drop-down list if you wish to highlight the events/data that have recently been populated.list if you wish to highlight the events/data that have recently been populated.
- If you select MS-Excel, you can select the Report Options, select the desired template from the Form Template drop-down list and Highlight Events/Data drop-down list.
- Zip Report when selected, the attachment file is zipped into the standard .zip file format. The report will be zipped only when sent via email, previewing the report will not generate a zip file.
- Select the desired option from the Highlight Events/Data drop-down list if you wish to highlight the events/data that have recently been populated.list if you wish to highlight the events/data that have recently been populated.
- Select the Report Frequency as required. It can either be Weekly or Monthly. Depending on the selection, it displays Send on Day(s) (of the week) or Send on Date(s)(of the month) on which the report will be sent out.
- Provide a time in UTC hours in the At Hour(s) text box. Multiple hours can be provided as comma or semi-colon separated values.
- Select the Report Time Zone for the report.
- Select Restrict Access checkbox if you want this subscription to be only accessible to you and System Admins.
- Select Display <Void> for non-existent fields if the report should display <Void> for fields that do not exist in a work order or transport document.
- Click on the 'Create' button.
Once created, an advanced report subscription looks like below:
History will only include attachment generated of reports as per the selection of history while creating report. If history is set as No, then no data will be shown.
Click hover over the row icon to perform the following tasks on subscriptions:
Setting Filters in Subscriptions
An Advanced report will not work without any filters.
Click on mentioned icon to set various filters for a subscription.
Select the desired filter to get the list of all available entities from which few or all can be selected as required. Once selected, click on the 'Add Filter' button. Once a filter has been added, it cannot be modified. To modify, please delete the filter by clicking on the 'x' symbol on the filter and then add the same filter again with the new selections.
<Custom> tab enables the creation of an advanced filter using an SQL clause.creation of an advanced filter using an SQL clause.
Click on mentioned icon to preview the report. It opens in the format selected for it during creation. Icon to preview the report. It opens in the format selected for it during creation.
Creating a Recipients List
Click on mentioned icon to add the name or email addresses of the User or Customer who is subscribed to this report.
Sending a Subscription
Click on mentioned icon to send the email to customers and users who have been subscribed to this report.
Editing a Subscription
Click on mentioned icon to edit a subscription. All the fields in the subscription definition can be edited.
Duplicating a Subscription
Click on mentioned icon to create a duplicate copy of this subscription. All the fields and filters are copied in the new subscription.
Deleting a Subscription
Click on icon to delete a subscription. A confirmation window pops up. Click on the 'Delete' button to confirm the deletion.