The Workflow Definitions page displays the list of existing workflows and allows users to create new workflows, modify or delete existing workflows.
The Workflow Definitions Filter Panel can be used to narrow down workflow search. Select appropriate filters and click on the 'Search' button. Inactive workflows are shown in Red colored rows. The following fields are displayed:
Creating a New Workflow
Click on the 'Create ' button to create a new workflow. The following window pops up (text box with a red background are mandatory fields:
- Select Workflow Type - it can be Import, Export, Round Trip, or Non-Shipment.
- Enter Workflow Code.
- Select Workflow Group.
- Enter Workflow Name.
- Select the Responsible country from the drop-down list.
- Select the Responsible Office from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the Name of the Responsible Person.
- Select the Origin and Destination of the workflow from the drop-down list.
- Select the Auto-generate T/D - it can be Random Alphanumeric or Auto Sequential.
- Slide Ignore Event Sequence box to yes if the workflow incorporates diverse workflow and event sequence is not linear.
- Slide Enforce Chronological Order box to yes if you want the events to be filled in chronological order in the work order.
- Enter a value for Abandoned After (maximum number of days for which a work order can stay idle with active status) and Transit Time for the workflows.
- Slide Prevent Document Deletion box to yes if you do not want the document attached to be deleted.
- Slide Enable Assets box to yes if you want to add assets to the work order.
- Provide a value for Default Free Days.
- Select the Default Time Zone from the drop-down list.
- Select Warehouse Operation - it can be None, Inbound, or OutBound.
- Select WO Responsible - it can be WO Creator or WF Responsible.
- Select Base Currency from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Minimum Margin - it can be Fixed, % of Income or % of Expense, and enter the percent or fixed value.
- Enter Serial Format.
- Select Allowed Master Accounts from the drop-down list, It can be All Accounts, Selected Accounts Only, or All Except Selected Account.
- Click on the 'Create' button to create the new workflow.
- The workflow will be by default in a disabled state. In order to enable the workflow, open the workflow click on edit option, and slide Is Active box to yes and Save.
Click on a workflow to view its basic information. It displays as follows
A newly created workflow will be Disabled and shows Work Order Count as 0 because it does not have any work orders yet.
Duplicating a Workflow
the icon on bottom left of the header. The following dialog box appears:
Click on the 'Yes' button to create an inactive duplicate workflow. The following window pops up:
Duplicate workflow has the same name as the original workflow suffixed by ‘_D’ and Workflow Code is DUPL.
*If more than one duplicate workflow is to be created then first change the Workflow Code for the first duplicate workflow and then create another duplicate workflow.
Modifying the Workflow Header
icon on the right bottom of the workflow header to edit the workflow information. The following window pops up:
Make the desired changes and click on the ‘Save’ button. The Type of the workflow cannot be changed once set.
Deleting a Workflow
icon on the right bottom of the workflow header to delete the workflow. A confirmation window opens. Click on the 'Delete' button to delete this workflow from the system. A workflow can only be deleted if there are no references to the workflow (i.e. no work orders or clones of the workflow are present).
Click on the Export button on the right top of the workflows to get a list of all existing workflows that are available under Workflow Definition. The list can only be in MS-Excel(XLSX) format.
Click on the 'Compare' button to compare workflows for matching events, data fields, accounts & other information. Select Workflow A and Workflow B to compare and select the tab to compare. A result of both workflows is displayed side by side.
The Match column indicates the following:
Yes - Both the name and code is present in the other workflow
No - No matches found in the other workflow
Partial - Either the Code or Name is present in the other workflow
You can also see the matching codes or names highlighted when hovering the pointer over the particular fields.