The KPI Definitions section allows users to create and modify KPIs. The KPI Definitions for a workflow are displayed as follows:
Creating a New KPI Definition
Click on the 'Create New' button to create a new KPI Definition. The following dialog box appears:
- Select Base KPI from the drop-down list. Base KPIs give KPIs closest to the one that needs to be set. If the desired KPI is not there in the drop-down list, it can be created in the KPI Definitions table in Master Tables.
- Provide the starting event in From Event(s) field. Multiple starting events can be provided here, separated by a comma. Select First Found*, Earliest* or Latest* as applicable. Select Use current date if unavailable if the current date should be used in case this event field has not been populated yet.
- Provide end event in the To Event(s) field. Multiple end events can be provided here, separated by a comma. Select First Found*, Earliest* or Latest* as applicable. Select Use current date if unavailable if the current date should be used in case this event field has not been populated yet.
- Select Business Hours Only checkbox if the KPI should calculate time in business hours instead of running hours.
- This selection pops up 2 drop-down lists: one for Country and one for Time Zone. Select country code and zone from the drop-down list, so that TrakIT can automatically calculate business hours.
- An Active checkbox is already selected, so by default, the KPI is set to active mode. De-select this to make the KPI inactive.
- Select Exclude From Reports to prevent this KPI from appearing in reports.
- Set Alert Requirements criteria to raise alerts.
- Select Hours Exceed and mention the number of hours to raise an alert if, between the start event and the end event of the KPI, those many hours have passed.
- Select Hours Are Less Than and mention the number of hours that remain for the end event to occur.
- Select Alert Despite Completion if an alert is required even after the completion of events.
- Optionally, in Completed Events/Data, enter a comma-separated list of events and/or data codes that must be populated in the work order for the alert to be raised.
- Optionally, in Not Completed Events/Data, enter a comma-separated list of events and/or data codes that must be empty in the work order for the alert to be raised.
- Additional Actions, mark the checkbox to apply this KPI to existing work orders where it doesn’t already exist.
- Click on the 'Create' button to add this KPI definition to the workflow.
Editing a KPI Definition
Click on the icon to edit an existing KPI. The following window pops up:
Under Additional Actions, select Apply KPI to existing work orders where KPI is missing if the KPI is to be applied to all existing work orders where it's not there. Select Update Target Days in existing open work orders if this KPI is to be updated as Target Days in all open work orders. Make the desired changes and click on the 'Save' button.
Deleting a KPI Definition
Click on the icon to delete a KPI. Under Additional Actions, Force deletes KPI can be selected to delete the KPI from all work orders and forms where it is being used.
Click on the 'Export' button to export all KPIs for a selected workflow in MS-Excel.
Workflows with same events can have the same KPIs. Instead of creating them afresh for a new workflow, they can be copied from the existing workflow for which they have already been defined. Of course, changes can be made in their values as required, using the Editing a KPI Definition option.
Select the workflow from the drop-down list to which KPIs are to be copied and click on the 'Copy' button.
*First Found- The events in the workflow are checked in the order they are supplied in. The first date found is used.
*Earliest- All the events in the workflow are checked for valid dates. The earliest date is used.
*Latest- All the events in the workflow are checked for valid dates. The latest date is used.