Follow the below steps to enable Location Tracking
Specify the Tracking Start and End events in the workflow setup
- Edit the workflow header under Workflow Definition and enter START Event and End Event for the location tracking. Events format should be START EVENT-END EVENT. Below image for reference:
Create a User profile for Truck Driver and enable location tracking on their profiles
- To create an external user profile, go to User Management select 'External User' from the drop-down. Click on the 'Create' button. Following dialog box pops up:
- Enter the unique UserID for the user
- Enter the First/Last Name, Email, and Mobile number
- Enable 'Mobile Location' checkbox, if you wish to enable the location tracking for this user
- Select the new user's role
- Select the user's office location from the 'Office' drop-down list.
- If known, select the local time zone of the user in the 'Zone' drop-down list. The zone is also updated automatically whenever the user logs in.
- In 'Assigned Functions' select the functions that the user is assigned to take care of.
- From the 'Assign Location' drop-down select the location that the user is assigned to. Later it can be changed from the Geography & Access page.
- Select 'News Updates' checkbox to subscribe to this user with TrakIT news updates.
- Click on the 'Create' button
Install TrakIT mobile app on the external user's Android phone
- The app is available at the Google Play Store. Click the link below to install TrakIT Mobile.
- Open the work order to check the location tracking
- A sample work order header is given below:
- icon to view information tracking.
- Link relevant work orders to the drivers
- Select the users from the drop down menu in Select Tracking User.
Once the user is selected it will remember the selection.