Creating a New Work Order
Select the Workflow from the drop-down for which the work order is to be created.
The following dialog box allows users to create new work orders:
- Select the Workflow for which the work order is to be created.
- Go to the Header tab.
- Provide the main document number in the Transport Document field. Click on the 'Add To Existing' button if you want the shipment to be merged with an existing shipment.
- Select the Carrier for which the shipment is made.
- Select the name of the Supplier (if applicable). Click on the 'Add New' link if the supplier is not available on the list and a new supplier is to be added.
- Select the country code of the Contractual Customer and provide its name in the adjacent text box. Click on the 'Add New' link if the contractual customer is not available on the list and a new contractual customer is to be added.
- Select the Shipment Type.
- Select the name of the Clearing Agent (if applicable). Click on 'Add New' link if the clearing agent is not available on the list and a new clearing agent is to be added.
- Select the Shipper and Receiver. Type in a few characters and a matching list will be displayed. Select one of the items on the list. If the Shipper and Receiver are the same as the Contractual Customer, select the checkbox 'Same as Contractual Customer'. Uncheck the box given above Shipper and Receiver and click on 'Add New' link if not available on the list.
- Select the Origin Depot and the Country of Origin.
- Provide Vessel Name.
- Select the Cargo Type from the drop-down provided. These are the fixed options in this list: Full Container Load (FCL), Less than Container load (LCL), Bulk, Break Bulk, Air Freight, Charter, and Other.
- Select applicable services from the Select Services field. If no services are required, select the 'No Services' checkbox.
- Select the Destination Depot.
- Provide Voyage Number (if applicable).
- Provide the name of the Responsible Person.
- Select the Country of Origin.
- Provide Commodity.
- Select the Final Destination.
- Go to the Work Order tab.
- Select Input Method for this work order - Form or CSV. See the Input Method below.
- Select Do not validate container number checkbox if the container numbers are not to be validated. Otherwise, they will be validated as per ISO 6346 standards.
- Select Allow container/manifest already in use if the container/manifest number is used in another work order that is not closed yet.
- Go to the Data tab.
- Data fields that apply to the Shipment will appear here. Data fields that are work order specific will not appear here.
- Click on the 'Create' button to add this work order(s) to the workflow.
* Irrespective of the number of work orders created, the first work order is opened automatically after creation.
Containers or loads can be added to a shipment in two ways:
- Form Method
- The form option requires the relevant fields to be entered individually. Specify the number of containers/loads to be added (a single work order is created for each container/load). The following table is displayed
- Enter the container number in Container Nr. field, enter the Manifest number if there is no container involved, enter the Weight, enter the Volume (always measures in cubic meters (m³) and must always be less than 1,000 m³) and the Seal Number and select the Container Type.
- By Clicking on icon you can copy the same value to all other containers. By clicking onyou will get a list of the container types.
The Form input method allows users to create up to 50 work orders at a time. In order to create more work orders, this process can be repeated by using the same transport document number.
- CSV Method
- The CSV option requires all relevant fields to be entered collectively as comma-separated text.
- The following text box is displayed:
- Enter comma-separated fields in the order- Container Number, Manifest, Weight, Volume, Seal Number, Container Type, Door Delivery (Y/N), Hazardous Cargo (Y/N), Shipper Owned (Y/N) as applicable. Leave the Manifest blank if it is a container and vice-versa. Using this input format, a maximum of 100 work orders can be created in one go.